Thursday, January 10, 2013

What is your favorite Best Picture Oscar winner?

Q. Mine is Network (1976). Every time I see it, I can't believe the academy was willing to award something so anti-establishmentarian. I feel we need a new mainstream exposé on American culture in the tradition of Network.

What's yours and why?

A. '' Rascism , Rascism , Rascism '' ..This is what I heard about the movie CRASH . But i didnt c that movie in that way. It shows about Humanity and Love . It Just shows the Humans as Human .... I loved It ...

What Amateur golf champ had a Father that was an Oscar winner?
Q. This player won a major amateur Golf title - also had a Father that won an academy award.

I need it for a contest. HELP!!!

A. The golfer was Nathaniel Crosby who's father Bing Crosby won an Oscar for his role as Father O'Malley in the film " Going My Way " Now go and collect your prize.

What was the worst Oscar Winner for Best Picture ever in your opinion?
Q. I will give my pick later.

A. Shakespeare in Love & Gweneth Paltrow - Best Actress

Saving Private Ryan was a epic film that moved people.

Kate Blanchet for Elizabeth should have been the Best Actress.

This was a bad year for the Academy.

Oh, also 1981's Chariots of Fire (what, you say?) it was the worst of the nominees. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Reds, On Golden Pond, and Atlantic City were all better.

So were Excalibur, The Rose and Mommie Dearest.

Has there always been a dominant Oscar winner every year?
Q. A movie that has taken large number of awards like the one tonight that I puked on so hard?

A. It doesn't happen every year, but every so often you get one that dominates the awards.

Has there always been a dominant Oscar winner every year?
Q. A movie that has taken large number of awards like the one tonight that I puked on so hard?

A. Of course.

Although in this case I wholeheartedly agree with the choice of Slumdog Millionaire there have been years when I was flabbergasted by the choice.

Before our time, here's a puker: "The Greatest Show On Earth" beat "High Noon" and "The Quiet Man"

"Terms of Endearment" over "The Right Stuff" and "Tender Mercies"
"Gladiator" over "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
"Titanic" over "L.A. Confidential" (Am I the only person in the world who thinks that James Cameron's Titanic is grossly over-rated?)
"Oliver! over "A Lion in Winter" or Zefirelli's "Romeo and Juliet" or un-nominated "2001: A Space Odyssey"





Most Oscars won: 11 (Titanic, Lord of the Rings, Ben Hur)
10 (West Side Story <--- a puker year for you)
9 (The English Patient, Gigi, The Last Emperor)
8 (Gone With the Wind, From Here to Eternity, On the Waterfront, My Fair Lady, Gandhi, Amadeus, Cabaret, Slumdog Millionaire)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment