Thursday, January 3, 2013

What is the meaning behind the song Skyfall by Adele?

Q. I love this song so much but I don't really understand the real meaning behind its words. Can anybody knows what is it? Thanks

A. Adele and Paul Epworth wrote the song about the plot of the James Bond film it was designed for, "Skyfall". The song is based on the plot, and judging by the lyrics (and the fact that I am the biggest Adele fan ever), it is about coming together to face the enemy and your possible final moments before death and how it feels like the whole world is falling about and... yeah. So... I hope that helps. =) Sorry if I couldn't, it's kind of hard to express it in words, but... I hope that helps!! :)

How did James Bond survive his apparent death in Skyfall?
Q. This isn't a spoiler though, this happened in the opening sequence. I want to ask how was James Bond able to survive getting shot two times, the second one with a sniper to his chest, fell from a bridge, then on a waterfall. I know that James only lives twice or whatever. But seriously, how did he manage to survive that? Was I missing something?

A. Because film-makers can take liberties with characters like James Bond - he survived because HE'S JAMES-FREAKING-BOND!
But in all seriousness, he survived because of his bulletproof vest. In real life a vest like that would not stop a high-calibre round, but the rifle Eve uses to shoot him doesn't look too powerful. It's pretty implausible I know, and if it were real I highly doubt anyone would survive a scenario like that, but in the end it's just a movie, and it makes Bond seem all the more bad-ass for it.

Was Shirley Bassey offered the chance to sing the theme for Skyfall?
Q. Would seem fitting that Bassey would sing for the 50th anniversary of Bond. She still has what it takes, although probably better in a studio setting than live, at least in the live performance I'm going by.

A. We will never know, but yes that voice of hers is still going strong. A sign of a good voice coach [Helena] and hard work by her.

Where can I get the piano sheet music for Skyfall by Adele?
Q. Please don't say pianosheets. I have tried it. Thank you very much. And if possible, try to have a somewhat hard version. Thank you!

A. Here is a digital print version, but it is also available in hard-copy from the same website. This is not an easy version, but it is not difficult either, as the song is relatively simple, and has not been published into a difficult piano solo version.

Do i need to watch the other 007 movies to see the new 007 Skyfall?
Q. I've never seen other 007 movies, but the new Skyfall movie looks appealing. Do i need to watch the other 007 movies to understand Skyfall?

A. In my opinion, no I don't think you have to see the others to love this one. It pays homage to Sean Connery-era films but it still is a great stand alone movie as well. Actually, it's the perfect movie for anyone trying to get into the new Bond movies with Daniel Craig because this is the one that sets everything up for the future (in my opinion).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment