Saturday, December 8, 2012

What are some social networking sites similar to LinkedIn?

Q. My uncle has to get a new job, and it was recommended that he join some social networking sites such as LinkedIn to gain connections and speak to others in his profession. I was asked to gather a list of these sites for him, but the only thing I can think of is LinkedIn. I know there are ones like Facebook and MySpace, but I mean more professional-geared sites. Any suggestions?

A. I have been using the direct matches site to meet people who are in the same business that I am - you might find it helpful- the link is in sources below

How can I make my Wordpress blog visible publically on LinkedIn?
Q. Please give a clear step by step guide of how to do it, if you know how.

10 points for fastest correct answer.

Thanks
(obviously) I have tried to go into settings before and change it, but havent been able to - hence why I am asking this.

Helpful answers only please.

A. It's under your profile settings. Go to edit profile. http://www. linkedin.com/profile/edit?
Under Additional Information - click the edit button.

What should I put as my professional headline and industry on LinkedIn?
Q. I'm a college student and I've made a LinkedIn profile. I want to go into the publishing industry when I graduate next year. I work on campus at an unrelated job. Should I have my current job as my professional headline and industry, or should I have what I aspire to be?

A. Definitely put what you aspire to be. It's perfectly OK to market yourself for the industry you want to work in, which includes building an online persona that portrays you as a "member" of that industry. Of course you'll need to do other things to make that online persona credible, like an internship, work-study, or self-publishing activities.

Why one of my connections on Linkedin is classified as 3rd degree?
Q. When I click on one of my Linkedin conections, it results to be a 3rd degree connection. However, I see his updates and can completely access his profile. Nevertheless, the "Connect" button is visible. What does it mean?

A. If they are a new connection, it can take some time for it to update.

Otherwise, contact the Help Center via the link at the bottom of every LinkedIn page.


Best,
Christine Hueber
http://LinkedIn.com/in/ChristineHueber
#1 LinkedIn All Time Top US Female Expert

What web development technologies like Facebook, LinkedIn, and others are using today?
Q. I am trying to see what leading web sites are using as far as web development technologies. Technologies like HTML5, CSS, Java script, ASP, VB Script, HTML4. What is the common standard today?

A. Facebook uses PHP. Twitter Ruby on Rails. Along with python, java and .net these are the most used programming language in the web.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment