Saturday, December 8, 2012

How do I contact someone over LinkedIn without an enhanced account?

Q. Someone at a company I'm interested in working for viewed my profile, he's also an alumnus from my same university. I want to begin communication from this person but I don't know how without upgrading my account for $20/month. Adding him as a connection doesn't seem appropriate at this moment in time and upgrading my account doesn't seem worth it right now either as LinkedIn hasn't shown to me it's worth it, yet.

Advice?

A. Hi! It seems like it would be OK to add him as a connection, unless you know a reason I'm not thinking of as to why it would be inappropriate? The other option would be to try to find his email address on his company's website. Good luck! :)

How to make sentences on different lines on Linkedin?
Q. On Linkedin I want to add different societies and activities that I am involved in under my education section. How do I make them be on different lines?

A. you can't, you can only list one...sorry :-(

How can I make my Wordpress blog visible publically on LinkedIn?
Q. Please give a clear step by step guide of how to do it, if you know how.

10 points for fastest correct answer.

Thanks
(obviously) I have tried to go into settings before and change it, but havent been able to - hence why I am asking this.

Helpful answers only please.

A. It's under your profile settings. Go to edit profile. http://www. linkedin.com/profile/edit?
Under Additional Information - click the edit button.

What should I put as my professional headline and industry on LinkedIn?
Q. I'm a college student and I've made a LinkedIn profile. I want to go into the publishing industry when I graduate next year. I work on campus at an unrelated job. Should I have my current job as my professional headline and industry, or should I have what I aspire to be?

A. Definitely put what you aspire to be. It's perfectly OK to market yourself for the industry you want to work in, which includes building an online persona that portrays you as a "member" of that industry. Of course you'll need to do other things to make that online persona credible, like an internship, work-study, or self-publishing activities.

What web development technologies like Facebook, LinkedIn, and others are using today?
Q. I am trying to see what leading web sites are using as far as web development technologies. Technologies like HTML5, CSS, Java script, ASP, VB Script, HTML4. What is the common standard today?

A. Facebook uses PHP. Twitter Ruby on Rails. Along with python, java and .net these are the most used programming language in the web.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment