Friday, December 7, 2012

How does a Short Sale affect my taxes at the end of the year?

Q. I have just been approved for a short sale with a forgiveness of approximately $90,000. It has been my primary residence for about 2 years and 4 months. I havent gone deliquent on my mortgage, I just am being forced to move due to work and I cant afford two rent payments. How will this affect my federal taxes? I have heard about a forgiveness act but cant find anything about it?

A. The only effect is that you have to pay federal and state income tax on the 90k you spent and did not repay.

Where can I get good children's clothing for cheap when the yard sales end this year?
Q. I live in the 72601 area. The children's resale shops around here are way too expensive! They charge new prices for used clothing! Don't say Ebay, I already shop there. I am looking to get stuff at yard sale prices.
I DON'T BUY MY KIDS CLOTHING AT YARD SALES! I RESALE THE CLOTHING I BUY. HAVE TO BUY IT CHEAP TO GET PROFIT!

A. Thrift stores. Check the link:

Are short sales moving quicker now it is the end of the year 2009?
Q. I put an offer on a house for a man who is shipping to war. He accepted immediately.

How long is the usual wait from the bank?

A. Of course the seller accepted immediately. He has nothing to lose by accepting. He's selling short of what he owes. The lender is an entirely different story. They're the ones who stand to lose here. Expect the typical 4-6 month wait for a possible acceptance. If you got acceptance an anything less than current market value for the property, don't expect lender cooperation.

When does Nissan have their year end sale?
Q. I'm looking to buy an Altima but I don't know when the best time is.

A. The year end sales event is going on now get to The dealer soon but please look at "nissanusa.com" learn all about options and equipment Altima S is not very well equipped and for a few dollars more a month get all the features and options you want. Always buy the most car you can afford. Good Luck Nissan's cross over SUV Rogue is really nice drive one.

Sales before the end of financial year or after?
Q. Hi, I want to buy some luggage for a upcoming trip but since the end of financial year is almost here (in Australia June 30 - 1st of July), do prices of go down at the beginning of the new year? What about all those mid-year/stocktake sales - when are they usually on?

Thanks!

A. If you go to the store where you're going to buy your luggage, the salesperson will usually be happy to tell you when they typically have sales.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment