Sunday, December 9, 2012

How can you let someone know they have bad breath without hurting their feelings?

Q. Without hurting someone's feelings or being too direct, how can you let someone know that they have bad breath?

My teacher has bad breath and so does the girl next to me.

I have thought of offering them mints, but even that may be a bit direct.
Any suggestions?

A. Oh man...bad breath drives me crazy!! I dated someone who always chewed gum or mints...and after a while stopped. He had bad breath 80% of the time. I finally told him...I can't remember how the conversation came up...and he didn't believe it. So now he still had bad breath and I got teased for mentioning it. No help.

So though you can't fix the problem of their bad breath, at least you can fix the problem for you having to smell it. I would definitely pop a mint in your mouth (breathe out of your mouth to help camouflage their bad smell) and offer them one constantly. People tend to catch the hint or at least joke about having bad breath when offered gum/mints alot. Plus, when your teacher leans in to talk to you, lean back a little, just slightly so he/she can catch a hint.

Hope this helps!

How does a Muslim person who is fasting combat bad breath during the month of Ramadan?
Q. I brush my teeth, use mouthwash and floss every morning before sunrise (when fasting starts) but half way through the day my breath starts to smell really bad. How can I combat that?

A. You can brush your teeth just before beginning of fasting, and the smell of that is most loved by Allah SWT more than any other smell. Do some research inshAllah.

You are not allowed to taste things, so you can use baking soda, if you so desire but again Allah Alim and most merciful.
Keeping your gapper shut helps too, don't eat so much spices and garlic and or onions.

I always wonder why they eat so much garlic in this time when its the root cause of much bad breath. Brushing your teeth through the nighttime also helps 2 or 3 times before fasting.

What do give my little dog for bad breath?
Q. I have a little dog I just got and her breath is horrible and she has very few teeth. What is something soft that she could chew that might help with this problem?
I found her in a parking lot and could not let her continue to live there so I grabed her and took her home. No one has claimed her. So I have no idea how old she is or anything.

A. when was the last time she had a dental from the vet? There are a lot of different things you can try, although brushing the dogs teeth help the most, I am assuming this is an older dog, sometimes bad breath is caused by kidney failure (http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2114&aid=350) and diabetes (http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1328&aid=196) and periodontal disease http://www.dentalvet.com/vets/periodontics/periodontal_disease.htm
EDIT: A vet will also be able to tell you how old she is, and scan her for a microchip, either way it sounds like she should go in to get checked over to make sure she is in good overall health.

What are some tips on getting rid of bad breath?
Q. I have bad breath sometimes, and I'm afraid that I would breathe on someone. What are some good tips to keep bad breath away for several hours at a time?

A. When you brush you teeth brush your toung... Carry some breath mints or gum...

How can I get rid of my puppies bad breath?
Q. It is nasty! Is it ok to brush his teeth, hes 2 months old... If I cant is there any kind of dog treats that help or something.. If I can what kind of toothpaste do I use? I have Cresent fresh.. Idk if that is safe for dogs...Are there any tooth pastes out there for dogs??

Thanks!

A. If your puppy doesn't like having his teeth brushed, then check into getting him a dental bone or toy, we have this problem with our Beagles, but they are too old to learn to get their teeth brushed, so we give them Altoids...and we have also given them Listerine pocket pack strips...they LOVE them!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment